Singing means making music with the voice. Singing is probably the way that music started many thousands of years ago. The earliest form of music known to man is vocal music. Before 900 A.D. vocal music was not written down. It was sung from person to person, often transmitting vital information about history and culture. In the Middle ages, vocal music started it’s evolution into modern form.
Different singing styles include art music such as opera and Chinese opera, Indian music and religious music styles such as gospel, traditional music styles, world music, jazz, blues and popular music styles such as pop, rock and electronic dance music.
When people sing they make their voices go high or low. If they do this in a way that uses notes of a scale then they make tunes,called songs.
Where singing lessons help:
- Healing the tone deaf, improving your pitch and tone is one of the basics of singing lessons
- Optimizing lung usage, vocal lessons can teach how to use lungs in the best way
- Finding the limits of your vocal range
- Tricks for maintaining your voice, vocal teachers know all of the best techniques to avoid vocal fatigue, as well as the dreaded vocal nodules
- Going in-Depth in Music Learning, being able to learn about scales, chords, different types of notes and timing will make you a more well-rounded musician in general
- Building Confidence, positive thinking, constant practice, training, knowledge in music and singing exposures are all useful ways to help improve or boost confidence levels